Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Terrible Train Accident?

Due to some unforeseen wedding plans of our CAC partner in Kigoma, I have had the luxury of spending some time in Dar es Salaam and catching up on paperwork -- reports, power points, videos, press, etc. With the added time I can now explore alternative means of traveling to Kigoma from Dar. Since I have taken buses, cars, planes, dallah dallahs, rickshaws, mopeds, and even some others methods, I thought it woudl be nice to explore the trains! Having loved John Candy and Steve Martin's film Planes, Trains and Automobiles, I really desire to get the train leg in so I can produce a sequel. Using Google, I punched in a search looking at Kigoma trains and schedules. The first result was titled "The Terrible Train Accident" and discussed a relatively recent train accident on the one train I would take. Having read a few more articles on the train across Tanzania and the possible day long delays, lack of bathrooms, etc., I decided I will be taking a bus to Moshi (so I can see Mt. Kilimanjaro), a flight to Mwanza and then a bus to Kigoma.

On a side note, I wish Mr. Evan Johnstone a Happiest of Birthdays!

Tutaonana,
Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment